A reporter providing as much information as available on the online report form will assist DCF in determining the next steps necessary to provide for the safety of an adult or child.
PLEASE NOTE: DCF recommends using Microsoft Edge Chromium, Google Chrome or Safari web browsers to complete the Mandated Reporter Online Report form. Windows Internet Explorer is no longer a supported browser.
A new portal for mandated reporters will be implemented on April 11, 2022. If you have the URL saved as a favorite, please delete it and use the new on listed a the bottom of this page.
Tips for Making Online Report of Abuse or Neglect
Read through the Online Report Quick Guide before making a report.
Demographic Information (Names, Address(es), Phone numbers)
For you, the reporter; alleged victim(s), alleged perpetrator(s), caregiver(s), and any
collateral witness(es) to the incident.
Reporting an Incident
Try to answer the questions below to the best of your knowledge. All answers should be documented on the online form.
- Who is the victim of abuse?
- Who was the person that caused harm or injury to the child(ren) or adult?
- Who else has knowledge of what occurred?
- Who all lives in the home with the child(ren) or adult?
- What did the victim say happened (provide details and exact statements)?
- What were the circumstances surrounding the incident?
- What have you observed regarding the concerns?
- What does the injury look like, if injury is present?
- What did the caregiver say happened?
- When did the incident happen (date)?
- When was law enforcement contacted, if an emergency existed?
- Where does the child have an injury?
Are you submitting a Truancy Report?
Schools reporting truancy will need to complete form PPS 1006 and attach the completed form to the online report.
Click here to submit an online report of child or adult abuse/neglect.