Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

Apply for Services Link Link to Career Page

LinkButton :

Skip navigation linksHome > Services > Rehabilitation Services

main content

Rehabilitation Services Services for People who are Blind or Visually Impaired

Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) Services empower Kansans who are blind or visually impaired to achieve competitive, integrated employment.  Find the office serving your community.
The Older Blind Independent Living Program provides a variety of services including skills training, orientation and mobility, assistive devices and techniques for household organization in the home communities of Kansans who are age 55 or older and who experience blindness or visual impairments.  Find the agency serving your county.
The Business Enterprise Program (BEP) offers persons who are legally blind the opportunity to manage food service and vending operations in public/government facilities.  Please call 785-368-7471 or toll-free 1-866-213-9079 for more information.
The Kansas Advisory Committee for the Blind or Visually Impaired has two major priorities:  It will provide advice and counsel to the Secretary of the Department for Children and Families (DCF) on issues that improve opportunities for employment and independent living for Kansans who are blind or visually impaired.  The Committee will also serve as an advisory body for DCF and, as such, will advise the Secretary and staff of DCF in matters affecting policies, programs, priorities and a long-term, strategic direction for the state’s services to Kansans who are blind or visually impaired.