Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

Apply for Services Link Link to Career Page

LinkButton :

Skip navigation linksHome > Services > Economic & Employment Services

main content

Economic & Employment Services Soup Kitchens and Food Banks

The Soup Kitchens and Food Banks (SKFB) program began in 1988 and is a subprogram of The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP).
SKFB provides free monthly deliveries of United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) food commodities for use in congregate meals for:
  • Soup kitchens*
  • Homeless shelters*
  • Alcohol and drug treatment facilities
  • Domestic Violence Shelters


*DCF is currently taking applications only from soup kitchens and homeless shelters.


To determine if your kitchen is eligible to receive SKFB food, contact Nataly Montufar at  or (785) 296-2072.
Go back to USDA Commodity Programs main page.
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complain Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form.  To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992.  Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
(1) mail:  U.S. Department of Agriculture Office
               of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
               1400 Independence Avenue, SW
               Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
(2)  fax:  (202) 690-7442; or
(3)  email:
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.