In accordance with Kansas law any person listed in the Child Abuse and Neglect Registry is prohibited from working, residing or volunteering in a child care home or facility regulated by DCF or the Kansas Department of Health and Environment.
To request a person's name be searched on the Child Abuse and Neglect Central Registry, their written permission is required. When completing Release of Information form, do not leave any spaces blank; instead use N/A or strikethrough. Please ensure forms are legible, signed and dated. Get form here: Registry Release Form
A $10.00 fee may apply for each request.
- No fee for any state government agency (state contracting and sub-contracting agencies not included).
- No fee for listed Mentor Kansas Partners
- $10 per release form for private agencies and general public.
Payment (if required)
Submitting Release Forms
For emailed and faxed Releases which require a fee, include online payment receipt number or prepay account information (FEIN).
- Email preferred: DCF.CentralRegistry@ks.gov
- Fax accepted: 785.296.1729 (Attn: Child Abuse/Neglect Central Registry)
- Mail: Check/money order payments must be submitted via mail with complete
DCF Child Abuse/Neglect Central Registry
P.O Box 2637
Topeka, KS 66601
Results of the Central Registry request will be emailed or mailed to the person/agency requesting the information as indicated on the Release of Information form.