Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content

Apply for Services Link Link to Career Page

LinkButton :

Skip navigation linksHome > Services > Economic & Employment Services

main content

Economic & Employment Services Nutrition Services Incentive Program (NSIP)

The NSIP program began in 1988 and is jointly administered by Department for Children and Families and the Kansas Department for Aging and Disability Service (KDADS). NSIP provides United Stated Department of Agriculture (USDA) commodities to Area Agencies on Aging nutrition projects to help defer the costs of their food purchases.
Foods are used in preparing congregate meals and/or home delivered meals to persons over the age of 60. Foods are shipped monthly to projects for a small per case fee that covers storage, shipping and administrative costs.
There are eleven Kansas Area Agencies on Aging that contract with one or more nutrition projects that in turn provide home delivered and/or congregate meals for a specific geographic area. The projects receive their funding from the Older American's Act of 1965 Title III C, state, and local funds. Projects have the option of choosing to receive a percent of their Federal funding in the form of USDA commodities. With the buying power of USDA, this assists projects in reducing their food costs.
The location of NSIP feeding sites throughout Kansas may be obtained from KDADS. For more information on NSIP cash or policy please contact KDADS at (800) 432-3535 or (785) 296-4986.
To view the NSIP commodity manual click here.
For more information on NSIP commodities contact Nataly Montufar at  or (785) 296-2072.
Go back to USDA Commodity Programs main page.
In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.
Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.
To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complain Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992.  Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:
(1) mail:  U.S. Department of Agriculture Office
               of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
               1400 Independence Avenue, SW
               Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
(2)  fax:  (202) 690-7442; or
(3)  email:
This institution is an equal opportunity provider.