ETV funds up to $3,500 per school year are available to help pay for post-secondary school and training.
ETV is available until age 21, with extension to 23 if enrolled on 21st birthday. Funds can be used for accredited public, private, or non-profit programs, in or out of state. Youth must re-apply each year and meet requirements to be considered.
Funds may be used for expenses related to the cost of education, such as:
- Room and board
- Books and materials
- Child Care
ETV is available to young people who meet one
of these criteria:
- graduated from High School or completed their GED while in a foster care placement and in the custody of the State of Kansas
- were in a foster care placement and in the custody of the State of Kansas when they attained the age of 18
- adopted from foster care after 16th birthday
- after having been in foster care, attained permanent order of Guardianship after the age of 16
- in an out of home foster care placement for any length of time after their 15th birthday