Opening Doors to Employment Opportunities for People with Disabilities
The State of Kansas seeks and hires the best qualified individuals for employment and encourages qualified people with disabilities to apply for open positions. The State of Kansas provides reasonable accommodations during all phases of the recruitment process. Please contact the hiring agency, if you need accommodations.
The information provided is intended to guide you as you consider employment opportunities.
The application process may be completed by going to the State of Kansas website located at State Employment Center. After you have accessed the site, please follow the steps identified below:
- The first step towards obtaining employment with the State of Kansas is to complete the online personal data form by clicking on the link, “Register Personal Data.” Once you have entered your information, click the “submit information” tab at the bottom of the page.
- Next, view the job vacancy list by clicking on the "Job Postings" link. Once you have identified a position you are interested in applying for, you may click on the position title, for example Senior Administrative Assistant. Once you have reviewed the Job Description, click on the link, “Employment Application Online Instructions” located at the bottom of the page. You may either complete the online application form or print it out, complete it, and mail in the paper form. After you have completed the online application form, thoroughly review all of the information you have entered and then click the “submit” tab. The completed online form is submitted directly to the agency in which you are applying.
When applying for a position it is important to elaborate on your work history. If you have attended or graduated from college, be sure to include this information on your application. Supporting documents, such as transcripts and resumes will assist agencies in verifying your educational qualifications and skills for the job you are applying.
Also, remember to include any licenses or certifications that you may have. The job may require specific licensing requirements and this allows the agency to ensure that you meet these qualifications.
Some important information to consider about the job:
- The State of Kansas has a benefit package that includes health insurance, paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave to name a few.
- The State of Kansas also has a veterans’ preference program for those who have been honorably discharged from the military. For more information about this program, contact the Office of Personnel Servcies at (785) 296-2541 or go to the Office of Personnel Services Veterans' Preference.
- If you do not have access to a computer, please contact the nearest workforce center to assist you with your job search for State of Kansas positions.
Employment resources for individuals with disabilities:
Kansas Commission on Disability Concerns
Landon State Office Building, 1st floor
Phone: (800) 295-5232, TTY: 711
Docking State Office Building, 9th Floor
Topeka, Kansas 66612
(785)-368-7471 or www.dcf.ks.gov/services/rs/
Landon State Office Building 9th Floor – KDHE/DHCF
State of Kansas
State ADA Coordinator
915 SW Harrison, Suite 680
Topeka, Kansas 66612
Phone: (785) 296-1389, Fax: (785) 296-2173, TTY: 711
Kansas Workforce Centers
Back to Career Information