The Operations Division oversees operational functions with the goal of achieving greater coordination, consistency, and cost-savings for the Department. The Operations Division includes the following offices:
- The Office of Audit Services provides the Department for Children and Family with internal auditing and consulting services within the government arena. We are an important resource to every division within DCF. Our job is to conduct audits and reviews designed to provide independent assurance that DCF’s principal interests as an organization are being met.
- The Office of Financial Management provides all financial services including budget preparation and execution, accounting, cash management, collections, and financial reporting.
- The Office of Grants and Contracts coordinates all aspects of the Department’s grants and contracts management process. This office is responsible for procurement to assure goods and services are purchased at the best value for the Department.
- The Office of Property Management manages physical assets – facilities, equipment, vehicles, supplies, surplus property – and tracks the inventory of these assets. This office also maintains and stores the agency’s historical records.
- The Office of Client Services seeks to provide excellent customer service. We are here to listen to what our clients need. We assist Kansas residents, State and federal legislators and also other State agencies that may need to verify information regarding former Kansas residents.
- The Office of Background Investigations manages all background related services for the Department. This includes Child Abuse/Neglect Central Registry, Adult Abuse/Neglect/Exploitation Central Registry, Adam Walsh Act requests, and fingerprinting requirements.