Accelerating Opportunity: Kansas (AO-K) is transforming the delivery system for adult education in Kansas by using career pathways to deliver career and technical education simultaneously with adult basic skills instruction. Students complete short term certificate programs, aligned with labor market needs, leading to industry endorsed credentials and immediate jobs.
DCF, in partnership with the Kansas Board of Regents and Kansas Department of Commerce works to support Kansans looking for a career by offering a tuition scholarship program. Adults who receive TANF (Temporary Aid for Needy Families) benefits are eligible to enroll in AO-K career pathway programs and will receive a scholarship that pays for their college tuition after completion of 12 credits.
Nine community and technical colleges in Kansas are implementing Accelerating Opportunity:
- Dodge City Community College
- Garden City Community College
- Highland Community College
- Hutchinson Community College
- Kansas City Kansas Community College
- Neosho Community College (includes consortium of three additional colleges)
- Seward County Community College
- Washburn Institute of Technology
- Wichita Area Technical College
To apply, contact your DCF caseworker.